The United States Embassy’s Regional English Language Office (RELO), Virginia Tech, and Evolution are pleased to announce an open competition for Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA) for Pakistan, an exchange program that provide outstanding opportunity to Pakistani secondary school teachers of English language to attend a six-week professional development program in the United States.
The Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) Program for Pakistan provides Pakistani secondary school teachers of English from government and foundation schools with the opportunity to develop expertise in their subject area, enhance their teaching skills and English proficiency, and increase their knowledge about the United States. The program is offered to in-service English Language teachers only.
The intensive six-week professional exchange program will be held in the United States in 2019. The program is focused on building expertise in best practice teaching methodologies and techniques, including development of lesson planning skills, assessment techniques, and teaching strategies. The program also includes instructional technology training in the use of computers for Internet, word processing and as teaching tools. Participants will also engage in a host university organized, 40-hour field experience at a local secondary school. Trips to U.S. cultural sites, civic activities, and academic support will be provided for participants throughout the program.
Provisions of the Fellowship
- J-1 visa support;
- A pre-departure orientation held in Pakistan;
- Round-trip airfare to U.S.;
- A Welcome at VirginiaTech;
- Academic program fees;
- Housing (shared with other program Fellows of the same gender) and meals;
- Accident and sickness medical coverage (does not cover pre-existing conditions). Please note that the health insurance is not a full coverage. Participants will have to pay the co-payment fees for each visit to any doctor;
- Participants will not receive any stipends or pucket money during the program;
- Transportation to the practicum school (if necessary);
- A trip to Washington, D.C.;
- A re-entry seminar in Pakistan;
- An opportunity to apply for alumni small grants.
Program Eligibility Criteria
- Be currently working full-time as a secondary-level English teacher in a government or foundation school* that serves a primarily local (not expatriate) population (teaching classes 6 to 10);
- Have at least five years of classroom experience in English language teaching;
- Be citizens and current residents of Pakistan;
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree;
- Be proficient in written and spoken English;
- Demonstrate a commitment to continue teaching for at least five years after completion of the program; and
- Have submitted a complete application with Institutional Support and Reference Form (ISRF) signed by their school management.
Click on this link to access the APPLICATION: https://goo.gl/csFw23
You should submit the following documents to Evolution by no later than March 10, 2019:
- Completed application with photocopy of academic transcripts
- Institutional Support and Reference Form completed by your supervisor and signed/stamped by your school director/principal; and
- A clear copy of the first two pages of your passport (or legal photo identification)
Please courier the completed application package (printed/hard copy) to:
Evolution Office, C-26-5/II, Al-Murtaza Commercial Lane # 3, Phase VIII, DHA, Karachi 75500
Women, minorities, persons from FATA, Gilgit Baltistan, Baluchistan, Interior Sindh and other disdavantegous areas along with persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Courstey: Evolution Pakistan