The deadline for submitting applications is 31 May 2019
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Pakistan?
What we offer?
A traineeship of 6 months within the Political, Trade and Communication (PTC) Section of the EU Delegation to Pakistan, starting in July 2019 (or earlier if feasible).
The PTC Section supports the Ambassador in his mandate to promote the EU-Pakistan relations, including coordinating bilateral high level visits, ensuring EU coordination on political and trade issues and contributing to reporting on political, economic and trade matters, besides managing public diplomacy activities.
- Draft Daily Local English and Urdu Press Reviews,
- Support to EU Delegation’s organised public diplomacy events,
- Draft background reports from open sources
- Draft minutes of internal meetings
- You are Pakistani or EU Member State national (or dual national) holding a long term valid resident statusin Pakistan
Additional requirements that would be an asset:
- Excellent drafting and communication skills in English and Urdu;
- Degree or studies in mass communication or journalism;
- Studies in European Affairs (post graduate course, thesis etc.)
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address: DELEGATION-PAKISTAN-INTERNS@eeas.europa.eu
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – PTC
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Courtesy: EAES SEAE