Are you eager to contribute to the country’s political process and accelerate your political career? Engage in dialogue and debates on critical political issues? Get a chance of a lifetime to learn in-depth policy options and alternatives? You can compete today to join the Young Politicians’ Fellowship Programme. With only 20 seats that will bring in the best & brightest young members, the fellowship will offer you the opportunity of learning and interaction you have never experienced before. Through the fellowship, 20 selected young Pakistanis will get to learn and experience context and concepts behind Pakistan’s leading political and policy issues, skills of critical thinking on issues affecting Pakistan, review existing policy framework employed in addressing issues and develop policy alternatives through engagement with political leaders, constitutional, legal, economic and political experts.
The Young Politicians’ Fellowship Program by TABEER/PILDAT is a unique opportunity for young, active and passionate members to engage with political experts, political party leadership and learn through high-level training sessions and study visits focused on political process in Pakistan.
The Young Politicians’ Fellowship Programme will select 20 fellows from across Pakistan belonging to all political parties represented in the National Assembly and/or the four Provincial Assemblies, to experience a four weeks term in Islamabad and Provincial capitals of Pakistan. Fellows will hone their skills in writing of a Policy Brief. Successful fellows will be awarded with a completion of Fellowship Certificate.
Submit Expression of Interest (EoI) today to be selected among the top 20 young political leaders! You are eligible to submit EoI if you are:
- Between 25 to 35 years of age as of Feb 07, 2019
- Have been a member of any political parties represented in the National Assembly and/or the four Provincial Assemblies
- A Pakistani national residing in Pakistan with a demonstrated interest and passion for politics
How much will it cost?
- There is no Application Fee.
- Travel cost from home base to Islamabad will be covered (one-time)
- A modest stipend of Rs. 30,000/- will be given to each fellow to cover stay, food & Misc. expenses
- Any other expenses incurred beyond the stipend and one-time travel reimbursement will be the responsibility of the Fellow.
What will the fellowship entail?
- Educational activities at Islamabad for 1 week consisting of roundtable discussions with renowned leaders and experts in their respective fields
- Study Visits to various institutions and meetings with senior public officials based in Islamabad and/or provincial capitals
- Preparing a Policy Brief and presentation, holding group discussions and finally making Presentation to a group of reviewers based on which you will be graded
Which Political Parties?
All political parties represented in the National Assembly and/or the four Provincial Assemblies are eligible to apply
Total number of fellowship seats will be allocated to the candidates belonging to the political parties roughly in proportion to the votes secured by these parties in the General Election 2018. Women and Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send in your Expression of Interest online by clicking on the relative links in the side bar. The forms are available in both Urdu and English. To fill out the Urdu form, you must have Urdu Language and Urdu keyboard installed on your system.
If you have any further questions, please refer to the FAQs section. You may also drop an email to email@example.com
Deadline or Last Date for Receiving Completed Expression of Interest Forms: February 20, 2019, Time: 11:59 PM